Now Hiring – Creative Copywriter
We’re looking for a new middle-weight Creative Copywriter to join our incredible team at Sunshine Communications.
WHO ARE WE?
We're Sunshine, a social media and content marketing agency that focuses on helping brands understand, manage and make the most of their social media presence and spark conversations with their customers.
Based in Leith, we’ve grown from an idea to a group of 11 within 3 years and are now looking to add a 12th person to our close-knit team!
WHO ARE YOU?
The next member of our team will be a digital & social-focused copywriter with previous experience working in a digital environment either in-house or agency. Don’t worry if you love the witty straplines of print advertising, you’ll still get involved in that too!
The ideal scenario is we find someone who would:
- Write good.
- Understand that our last bullet point was a joke!
- Be passionate about crafting engaging copy that ignites conversation.
- Be an ideas person. Show us, don’t tell us.
- Be quick. Bashing out strong copy, fast.
- Understand social and digital platforms; where and how copywriting should be used at different audience touch-points.
- Have a great grasp for content management systems & email marketing.
- Showcase a passion for social media and the wider digital sphere.
- Have an eye for visuals. You’ll be working alongside our designers & photographers who’ll be bringing your copy to life.
Degree, no degree – we don’t mind! We’re looking for work experience and raw creative talent and someone with an energetic ‘can-do’ attitude. Agency experience isn’t required but certainly helps.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The chance to join a rising marketing agency
- A greater amount of responsibility and freedom than in large agencies
- The chance to work with great brands alongside some great people
- Fantastic training opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Great holidays and flexible working
- A relaxed and fun culture that you can help shape
- An actual work/life balance (no, really!)
HOW WILL YOU SPEND YOUR DAY?
Your main role will be to write engaging digital copy for a multitude of different clients across a range of industries such as food and drink, travel and leisure, and product marketing.
- That will include lots of social posts, long and short-form pieces, website copy, print and marketing emails.
- That being said, you’ll also:
- Shape your own role, working to your strengths whilst getting the chance to develop new skills.
- Be empowered to contribute your own ideas and see them come to fruition.
- Work directly with a designer and content producer to come up with concepts such as videos, competitions, campaigns etc.
- Contribute to strategies and proposals.
- Keep yourself and Sunshine constantly on the pulse of this fast-moving industry.
Awesome. That was a lot of information to get through.
What’s next? Wow us with your CV, cover letter and a portfolio of work. And if you have any social profiles you’d love to share, we’d love to see them!
Ping us an email to Jenny & Chris at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you and best of luck!