CLOSED - We're hiring a Social Media Executive
Thank you to everyone who applied for this position, we had an incredible response!
We're no longer accepting applications for this position, however feel free to email [email protected] with a speculative application.
We’re looking for a new exec-level member to join our amazing team at Sunshine Communications, based in Edinburgh. We’ve grown from an idea to a group of 5 within 18 months, and are now looking to add a sixth person to our close-knit team.
We're a social media agency that focuses on helping brands understand, manage and make the most of their social media presence.
Who are you?
The next Sunshine member will be a bit of a social all-rounder. The ideal scenario is we find someone who would:
- Be passionate about digital marketing. Show us, don’t tell us.
- Be ambitious. We’re a growing business, after all.
- Be creative. This is a creative role.
- Write good.
- Understand that last adjective was a joke!
- Have some image-editing software experience (ideally Photoshop).
- Take the lead on projects as well as assist across clients.
We’re not necessarily looking for a degree, but we hope you’ll have some relevant work experience. Maybe that’s through a job, placements, internships, or freelance work. These types of roles don’t come around very often. That being said, we don’t expect you to be the finished article. We don’t want someone who thinks they are, either.
What's in it for you?
- You’ll get a greater amount of responsibility than in large agencies.
- The chance to work with great brands alongside some great people (if we do so say ourselves).
- Training opportunities.
- The chance to help shape a new marketing agency.
- A competitive salary.
- Great holidays - many of our clients are travel companies after all!
- An actual work/life balance.
How will you spend your day?
Your main role will be to create engaging digital content. That could include long- and short-form written content, image design, photography and videography.
That being said, you’ll also:
- Develop your own ideas and see them come to fruition.
- Help in-put to strategies and proposals.
- Report on social media metrics and analyse data from social platforms, third-party tools and Google Analytics.
- Be in regular contact with clients.
- Keep yourself and Sunshine constantly on the pulse of this fast-moving industry.
Awesome. That was a lot of information to get through.
Wow us with your CV, cover letter and a few of your social profiles by sending them to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you and best of luck!